The Calumet Theatre is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing its day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. This is a part-time position. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, reliable, and committed to consistently meeting deadlines. This position reports directly to the Executive Director with oversight from the Finance and Executive Committees.
- Enter daily cash receipts into financial system
- Bill, track, monitor and collect on all accounts receivable
- Prepare bank deposits and deposit at banking establishments
- Enter vendor bills and run unpaid bills reports weekly for review
- Pay bills weekly or as directed
- Track bank account balances and reconcile bank statements monthly
- Track employee time and submit required information electronically to outside payroll provider as required
- Develop an orderly paper & electronic filing system as it relates to all accounting records and functions, including all employment and payroll records
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including Statement of Activities, and Statement of Financial Position along with outstanding payable and receivable reports
Bookkeeper skills required:
- At least three years experience in accounts payable and receivable, cash receipts, bank reconciliations, and general Previous payroll experience desired, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Previous experience in a non-profit environment helpful, but not required.
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation.
- Ability to identify deficiencies with internal controls and implement improvements where needed.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to:
Attn: Marlin Lee
P.O. Box 167
Calumet, MI 49913