Opportunity: Executive Director
The Calumet Theatre, a 501c3 organization, is seeking candidates for a full-time Executive Director.
The Executive Director (ED) serves as the leader of the organization and its primary public representative, reporting to the Board of Directors. The ED works in partnership with the Board to ensure that the organization fulfills its mission and to create strategies that ensure its future success. The ED is responsible for all Theatre operations including, but not limited to: ensuring competent staff fills all job descriptions, stage performances, Theatre and Ballroom rentals, Box Office operations, fund raising/grant opportunities, financial operations and results.
The following are some key qualification expectations:
• Bachelors Degree preferred, especially in Business Administration or Theater Management
and/OR at least 4 years in a high-level management position.
• Proven business management skills which includes managing personnel, budgets, and strategic planning
• Possess excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience should include marketing, fundraising and public relations/development
• Interpersonal, computer, supervisory and organizational skills are essential to fulfilling the role of this position.
• Public speaking, grant writing and effective media relations are key attributes for the position.
• Proven leadership with multi-tasking capabilities
• Be physically fit to travel in a 4-story building
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three professional references. A conditional offer to the preferred candidate will be followed by comprehensive reference checks and a background investigation that will include a drug screen.
Ideally, the Board’s goal is to have the Executive Director begin work no later than July 20, 2018.
Candidates will receive email notification regarding their application status after the deadline date has closed and applications have been reviewed. Notifications to candidates are sent via email or by a phone call. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Calumet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.